10 days. 10 more days until we finally get answers to all of our burning NFL Draft questions. I’ll do a few more mocks as we inch closer to the 27th, but based on all the rumors and visits, this is my best educated guess right now. I’ll comment further below, but this is how my current 1st round mock draft looks.
|1||Cleveland Browns||EDGE||Myles Garrett|
|2||San Francisco 49ers||EDGE||Solomon Thomas|
|3||Chicago Bears||FS||Malik Hooker|
|4||Jacksonville Jaguars||RB||Leonard Fournette|
|5||Trade **Bills**||QB||Mitchell Trubisky|
|6||New York Jets||CB||Marshon Lattimore|
|7||Los Angeles Chargers||SS||Jamal Adams|
|8||Carolina Panthers||OT||Cam Robinson|
|9||Cincinnati Bengals||EDGE||Derek Barnett|
|10||Trade **Titans**||LB||Reuben Foster|
|11||New Orleans Saints||DL||Jon Allen|
|12||Cleveland Browns||QB||Deshaun Watson|
|13||Arizona Cardinals||TE||OJ Howard|
|14||Philadelphia Eagles||CB||Gareon Conley|
|15||Indianapolis Colts||LB||Haason Reddick|
|16||Baltimore Ravens||WR||Mike Williams|
|17||Washington Redskins||RB||Christian McCaffrey|
|18||Tennessee Titans||WR||Corey Davis|
|19||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||WR||John Ross|
|20||Denver Broncos||OT||Garett Bolles|
|21||Detroit Lions||EDGE||Charles Harris|
|22||Miami Dolphins||CB||Marlon Humphrey|
|23||New York Giants||TE||David Njoku|
|24||Trade **Chiefs**||QB||Patrick Mahomes|
|25||Houston Texans||QB||DeShone Kizer|
|26||Seattle Seahawks||CB||Kevin King|
|27||Trade **Raiders**||CB||Quincy Wilson|
|28||Dallas Cowboys||EDGE||Takk McKinley|
|29||Green Bay Packers||OL||Forrest Lamp|
|30||Pittsburgh Steelers||LB||Zach Cunningham|
|31||Atlanta Falcons||S||Budda Baker|
|32||New Orleans Saints||CB||Tre'Davious White|
A few things of note here.
- San Fransisco could go in any direction, including Mitchell Trubisky. If Trubisky gets past the 49ers, I’m fully expecting a team to come up and get him, as I have the Bills doing here. Jacksonville, Tennessee seem like obvious trade back partners with the Jets sitting at 6.
- Tony Romo has thrown a wrench into this draft, especially for the Houston Texans. They’re now faced with the task of rolling with Tom Savage, signing a Culter or Kaepernick or drafting a quarterback. I think there will be some action in the last few picks to grab these passers. Keep an eye on the Chiefs, who have done their homework on this quarterback class.
- We’ve been told “x player” is going in the top 10, top 20, etc. There just isn’t room for everyone. In this mock, Mahomes fell out of the top 20, OJ Howard out of the top 10, Jon Allen out of the top 10 and John Ross out of the top 15.
- Marshon Lattimore is hard to slot. The hamstring issue is real and it will be up to team doctors to make the call. If healthy, he’s a top three talent, but the questions are there. He has all the makings for a fall. I have him going to the Jets, but I could see him falling into the teens. His teammate Gareon Conley would seem like the obvious beneficiary. He could go as early as the top 10 with lots of cornerback needy teams there.
- The receivers are another spot that I struggled with. Tennessee at 5 could legitimately take Williams or even Ross, but both could be in play for 18 too. It’s odd. There’s so much defensive talent that it becomes tough to pass up. At some point the flood gates will break, though. This time around I had it start at 16 and end at 19.